Canon printer Error 5100 quick fix 2019 guide. Every year millions of people buy Canon printers across the globe. Canon printers are superb for official as well as personal use. Canon printers are highly efficient and well-equipped in fact, these printers come with some of the best features.
However, just like any other electronic device Canon printer also experience technical glitches. Canon printer Error 5100 is one of the most frequent errors experienced by most of the users.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail about Error 5100 on Canon Printer Pixma, what it is and how to fix this error code.
There are several reasons why error 5100 on Canon Printer would appear on your printer’s screen. However, this error can be fixed in just a few steps. Canon printer Error 5100 is a bug that is faced by a lot of Canon printer models.
Though any Canon printer 5100 error model may come across this error, the Canon all-in-one inkjet model is most likely to experience error 5100 canon printer. However, if you experience this error you can fix it.
Reset the Canon Printer
If you find Canon Printer error 5100 then resetting the printer is one of the most basic troubleshooting processes that you can follow. Resetting the printer allows you to clear any buffer that may cause errors. You can follow these steps to reset the Canon printer:
- Switch off the power of the Canon printer.
- Take out the power cord and the data cable from the Canon printer.
- Wait for some time at least 10-15 minutes and then plug in the printer.
- Turn on the Canon printer and check if the error 5100 on Canon Printer has been resolved or not.
Check the Papers Jam
If you were trying to print something and all of a sudden you see Canon printer error code 5100. Then there are high chances that the printing papers have jammed. So, you will have to clear the jammed papers.
- Check the jam feeder tray and if you find any paper there then try to pull out the paper from the tray. If you are unable to d so then you can try the given below steps.
- Open the printer output cover and make sure there is no paper there.
- You can also check the printer back panel to see if there is any paper stuck there.
- Now, place the paper back into the feeder tray.
- Plugin the printer and then turn it on and check if the Canon printer error 5100 is resolved.
Check the Ink Cartridge
The ink cartridge is yet another reason for Canon printer error 5100. It happens if you have not set the ink cartridges properly. In such a case, you will have to set the ink cartridge again. Here is what you can do:
- Turn off the Canon printer.
- As soon as the cartridge replacement stops then you will have to push down the cartridge.
- Take out the cartridge very carefully.
- Now, you will have to reseat the cartridge properly.
- Now close the cover of the cartridge and see if the error is resolved.
You might even want to clean the dust inside the Canon printer to see if the error is fixed. However, if you are unable to resolve the error 5100 0n Canon Printer Canon technicians for Pixma support code 5100 solutions.