Chromecast Not Connecting to WiFi-Google Chromecast is an amazing device that allows you to stream content on Hulu, Netflix, YouTube and so much more on a high definition television. You can use smartphones or web applications to stream content through Chromecast.
Though Chromecast is an amazing device sometimes you may come across a few issues while using it. ‘Chromecast not connecting to WiFi’, is the most common problem that users face while using it. If the Chromecast just won’t connect to the Wi-Fi, then you will have to follow a few troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem. In this blog, we will help you fix this issue so that you can entertain yourself using the Chromecast for streaming content.
There are several reasons why the Chromecast not connecting to wifi. However, some of the most common reason is listed below.
- The Chromecast is not plugged in properly.
- Run the setup for Google Chromecast network.
- There is an issue in the network.
- The Chromecast does not support the wireless network band.
If you are unable to connect the Google Chromecast with the wireless network then do not worry as it is a common problem and can be fixed by following a few quick solutions.
Check the Wi-Fi Connection
The first thing that you need to be doing when Chromecast not connecting to WiFi problem arises is to check the Wi-Fi connection as there are chances of some problem in the wireless network.
- Most of the time when the Chromecast is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network, the router is most likable to cause the problem. A quick power cycle of the router can help in fixing this problem. If you do not know how to power cycle the router, get in touch with the technical support team for help.
- Another, reason for Chromecast to not establish a connection with the wi-fi is a poor signal. This problem possible arises when the Chromecast is located in a place that is receiving poor signals.
Reboot the Device
Many times, the problem is not that big and can simply be resolved by a quick reboot of the device no matter you are using a Personal Computer, tablet or smartphone. Then a quick reboot of the device can help in fixing the issue.
Update the Chrome Browser
If you are using the computer, then make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome. If you do not update the browser then it may result in Chromecast not connecting to WiFi. You can follow these steps to update the browser.
- Go to Google Chrome on your computer.
- Tap on the more option.
- Then select an option for Google chrome update.
- Now, select relaunch.
Run a Factory Reset on the Chromecast
If still the Chromecast not connecting to wifi then you will have to perform a factory reset. However, the good part is that you won’t lose any data. But you will have to reset the Chromecast from the scratch.
- Hold the button. You van find it at the back of the device. Press it for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, the TV screen will go black. This means that the reset process has started.
- Now, you setup process will start. If you need guidance for Chromecast setup then get in touch with the technical support team for help and more assistance.
Try Using an Extender
When you purchased the Chromecast, it would have come with an HDMI extender cable. It allows the Chromecast to get out behind the TV. This allows the device to get more space for detecting Wi-Fi related issues. Sometimes because of the huge size of the televisions usually the Wi-Fi signals find it hard to surpass through the television. However, even if this is not causing the problem you can perform this step to increase the speed of the wireless network.
Move the Router
Another thing that you can do is to move the router to some other location. If the router is far away from the Chromecast or is placed in a position that is not suitable it may result in Chromecast not connecting to WiFi issue. So, you can change the position of the router or use extender to get it nearer to the Chromecast device. You can also try adjusting the channels of the router to fix this issue. For this, you will have to go to the router settings. For more information get in touch with the tech experts so that they can guide you further with their skills and knowledge.
Chromecast not connecting to WiFi is a common problem that many users come across while streaming content. However, you do not need to worry as this problem can be quickly fixed by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog.
If the problem persists or you need more help then get in touch with the professionals who have thorough knowledge and experience to help you with Google Chromecast related issues.