Ultimate Guide to Roku Setup
Roku has long been one of the best streaming service providers with its range of Roku media players that cater to every kind of customer and fulfil the purpose for the right cost. Today Roku has an array of products on offer like:
- Roku Express
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick Plus
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streambar
- Roku Soundbar
While the Roku Express is the most basic of Roku’s that gives you the Roku streaming platform in 1080p and turns your ordinary TV into a smart one, the Streambar ans the Soundbar are the latest and greatest on offer. Not only do these players provide Roku Streaming Services in 4k definition, they also provide an unmatched sound experience to take your viewing experience to another level of enjoyment.
Setting up the Roku players is a Childs play and frankly takes only five minutes. Just plug in the power and HDMI cable, connect the Roku to your wifi, add the player to your Roku account and you are good to go.
However, we have received quite a few questions from people who do face issues setting up the Roku. Thus, here we have listed how to get them fixed and how to setup the Roku for a trouble free experience. Just follow the links to get all the knowledge.
How to Setup Roku
The setup procedure for Roku is quite simple. All we have to do is to plug in the power cable, the HDMI cable and select the correct input. But we’ll go step by step here and show you exactly how to setup your Roku.
- Keep your Roku device on a level surface near the Television. Ensure a power outlet is close by.
- Plug in the HDMI cable to the Roku player and the other end to the HDMI inout on your television. For the Roku Streaming Stick, you can plug the stick directly into the HDMI port on the television. You may need a HDMI extender adapter if the location is not directly accessible.
- Plug in the power cable to the Roku player. Plug in the other end of the power cable to the wall power outlet. Avoid using the tv USB port as it will provide a lower voltage than what is ideal.
- The Roku does not have a power switch so it turns on automatically as soon as power is connected.
- Cycle through the TV inputs till you find the Roku screen.
- Roku welcome screen will first ask you to select the language. Select the appropriate language using your Roku remote.
- The Roku will ask you to pair your Roku Remote. See how to pair Roku Remote.
- Connect the Roku to your wifi. Sometimes, you may face issues connecting to your wifi. If you do see Roku not connecting to wifi.
- The device will now check for any available update. It will auto update and restart. You might have to start the setup from the beginning at this point.
- The Roku will now detect the ideal screen resolution for your TV. It will display a prompt that will ask if the screen looks good. This prompt has a timer running. You have to hit Yes, The display look good, before the timer runs out.
- Thr screen will now ask for your Roku account email. If you already own a Roku, type in the email you used to set the older one up. If you are a new user, type in the email under which you want to create your Roku account.
- You will receive an email from Roku. In this email will be the account activation link for this device. Click on the Roku Activation Link, and fill in your details to create your Roku account and pair the device to that account.
- As soon as the device is linked to your Roku account through the Roku Activation Email link, the screen will change and the Roku will check for the latest update, install your selected channels and then display All done.
- Hit the ok button on the remote or the home button and you will be on the Roku home screen.
- Your device is now setup.
To personalise your experience, I recommend you to login all your accounts in one go and be done with it. Signing in to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc takes about 5 minutes each, once done you are good to use it. Also keep in mind, not to add too many channels on the device. Only add channels you want and use to keep the memory free and your home layout clutter free.